Carney will go to Washington for soccer draw, says he will see Trump

OTTAWA (Reuters) -Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney said on Wednesday he would travel to Washington next week for the 2026 soccer World Cup draw, adding that he would see U.S. President Donald Trump at the event.

Carney told reporters he had had a short conversation with Trump on Tuesday, but said talks on a trade deal in key sectors not yet restarted. Trump ended the talks last month after the province of Ontario ran an advertisement using video of former President Ronald Reagan saying tariffs cause trade wars and economic disaster.

(Reporting by David Ljunggren and Promit Mukherjee; Editing by Leslie Adler)


More From Author

Alibaba starts selling Quark AI glasses in China, enters global wearables race

Trump frees former GPB Capital CEO after Biden admin’s Ponzi scheme sentence

Live Market Pulse

The charting technology is provided by TradingView. Learn how to use theTradingView Stock Screener.